Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may have had a little too much fun at this year's Rally, cuz my wife is due in March. It was either that or my B-day, which is close to that. As an unfortunate result, I am not going to be able to get very involved with this year's Rally, IF I even get to go at all.  The preparations for the Rally really get into full swing at around that time, and there is simply no way I will have the time or energy to put in the hours that the Rally requires.   :'( 
Besides that: This has sort of been my pet project for the last 3 years, and I have had a BLAST doing it, but I am of the opinion that in order for the Rally to evolve and grow in the way I think it deserves, it needs to be fed some fresh meat. 

As it stands right now, there is a loose assemblage of good Ohio/Michigan folk who have tentatively committed to taking over the Rally plans. We're planning on meeting in the next few weeks to go over some of the details.   Once all that is ironed out, you'll hear about it.  Just a preliminary guess, but look for the Rally to stay at Fontana Village, and look for it in early June.

Lots of people have offered to help in the past, and some we've utilized while some we haven't. I won't go into any details of why/why not someone was chosen to help vs. anyone else.  None of that really matters.  I would ask that anyone who would like to volunteer to help for next year, please post up here.  Please understand that not everybody will be called on for their help, especially those not willing to make the ironclad commitment that this kind of thing takes.   

I can't imagine that anyone would see this change as a reason NOT to attend the '06 Rally.  If The New Team lives up to a fraction of what I think they're capable of, next year is gonna be much better than this years !!
Also, I would like to throw out some shameless THANK YOU'S to those that helped put the last 2 Rallies in the books.

LilBlue02- without this man, the first Rally would have completely bombed, and would have been left for dead. I can't thank him enough.
Rob Chappel- without Svrider, this Rally would have never started.
Tom Kreutzer- he  put together the Rally DVD's, while sister Karin patiently helped me with the graphics for the shirts. They do an amazing job!   I wish we could make it so he could sell thousands of those things. How many Rallies have their OWN DVD ??!!
Matt Knauber- he's the one that hooked us up with A Video Thing, and a great guy to call a friend.
Cal Till- Our T-shirt guy, who was also very patient with me.
Ruefus ( Brett)- He was our Web-guy this year, and will be getting much more involved next year as well.
zip650 - Did an outstanding job with procuring sponsors for us this year, and another person I'm proud to call a friend. (whether he likes it or not)
Matt McHenry- also did a great job with our sponsorship this year.
arimicheal - Aaron got a bit over his head with sponsorship this year, but as it turned out, we would not have scored our title sponsor ( FASTLAP) without him. 
polarpc - for hosting the meet/greet and his help throughout the weekend.
WillyT - for his help in the Group Rides
riveted - Let's just say Brad has given MUCH to the Rally.
mullerjd -  Apparently, Jeremy is a blessed soul b/c I read his name 2 years in a row for some really kick-ass prizes. He "repaid" me by ordering my 520 chain/sprockets and having them sent to my house.  Which floored me.

I have met so many cool people from doing this Rally, and made some really great friends, that it would be impossible to name them all. SO I will just say an extra special THANK YOU to everyone that made the Rally, and look forward to hopefully riding with all of you next year.

·
King of D'bags
3,579 Posts
Sad news. I hope you're still able to at least attend. It wouldn't be the same without you.

I'll be the first to admit, yes, I may have bit off a little more than I could chew. But for many of us, this was a learning experience at this sort of thing and we will surely be more proficient the next go-around. Count me in.

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
GMslave said:
I may have had a little too much fun at this year's Rally, cuz my wife is due in March.
Hopefully it wasnt Sat Night that we tried to finish off that bottle of Capt at my Bonfire..... I Swear I didnt do anything.... I swear.... Congrats on the baby though, and sad to hear that you wont be as big a part this year, hope you can make it though.

Let me know if there is anything that I can do to help the rally.....I am in for just about anything, grunt work to hunting for sponsors.... Plus Id love to help b/c ya gotta love the SV and the Rally.

Woody

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Granted I won't be able to make the "meetings" in Western OH and MI, but I want to help out somehow for 06. Whomever is taking the lead on this, PM me. Not sure what sort of help I can be, but I'll do what I can.

Slave, congrats and go tie a knot in that thing ;D Thanks for all you've done on the first two.

·
King of D'bags
3,579 Posts
My schedule suddenly became very *ahem*....open. Let me know when the "meetings" are going to take place.

·
Registered
283 Posts
No bad news about it, bro.

Congratulations.

The rest will be fine.

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
Derek thank you for all of the hard work that you have put into this rally. Hopefully now you can just sit back and enjoy the ones that you can attend.

I am more than happy to help out however I can with the next rally.

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
GMslave said:
I may have had a little too much fun at this year's Rally, cuz my wife is due in March. It was either that or my B-day, which is close to that.
The important question is- do you have video of it? :eek:
Congrats and sorry to hear you won't be organizing the next one.

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
MagpieTear said:
Slave, congrats and go tie a knot in that thing  ;D
exactly what i was thinking, i don't know if you are rubbing off on me or i'm on you ;)

it's probably a good thing that you'll be able to enjoy the rally more and it won't be so much like work

that reminds me, i want to contact someone and see if they wanna be a sponser

·
Registered
139 Posts
Grats to you and the Mrs.! Hope you can make it next year, but family first!

I'm sure Brett and the rest will do a great job.

The banquet's gonna feel weird with out you behind the mic. :(

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks folks.  Yep, we were pretty surprised this summer. :eek: 

rivited said:
The banquet's gonna feel weird with out you behind the mic. :(
Who knows ? Maybe they'll let me get up there and grandstand a bit.  :p

ride_naked said:
The important question is- do you have video of it? :eek:
Maybe. You show me yours, and I'll show you mine.  ;D

Woody, I'm pretty darn sure it was NOT Saturday night. I barely made it to the cabin, let alone anything afterward.  :-X  I'm definitely bringing some better shot-booze if I make it next year !

Manuel, here ya go:

·
Vendor
966 Posts
Whoever is going to be taking over, or maybe GM, you can direct me to them, but I would like to get in contact with them in regards to sponsoring.

I would really love to attend this year. Me and my Fiance' have talked about it. Dunno if we'll be able to come this year, as we have a wedding to pay for. But if we don't come this year, we're definitely coming in 07!

Either way, Motosliders will be doing what we can for the rally in 06.

·
Registered
141 Posts
sv650nate said:
Whoever is going to be taking over, or maybe GM, you can direct me to them, but I would like to get in contact with them in regards to sponsoring.

I would really love to attend this year. Me and my Fiance' have talked about it. Dunno if we'll be able to come this year, as we have a wedding to pay for. But if we don't come this year, we're definitely coming in 07!

Either way, Motosliders will be doing what we can for the rally in 06.
Nate PM sent!

What you're not getting hitched at the Rally?? ;D Where is the commitment? ;D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts