Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After sitting for almost 9 months, my perfectly running SV decided not to start. it has15K miles on it. i keep the bike on trickle charge usually. and I do every once in awhile start the bike. but it has been sitting more than anything else. I did an in hand fuel pump test and all the usual trouble shooting tests and came to the conclusion that my fuel pump was not working. I'm in the process of replacing that now. I came across something and I cannot identify what it is anywhere. the reason it caught my attention is because there was 2 pulled wires from the connection plug. it looks like an after market piece. its small, the size of maybe a 9 volt battery. its grey and it looks like maybe its a capacitor of some sort. its inserted at a connection point under the seat near the battery, very close to the 4 wire brown fuel pump connector. the wires it is inserted in between are Red, Blue, and Black on one side of the connector and the other side the wires are Red/BLK, Blue and BLK/wht. I do not have a wiring schematic, so I do not Know where these wires go. I've tried testing or even checking continuity for the unknown grey piece because all but 1 of the wires is black. so I wanted to insure it was installed properly. it seems to not be working. so I've considered just bypassing it all together. any help identifying this piece or even just telling me what the wires in question do or if can safely bypass the unit would be appreciated. thanks in advance

Gas Cable Service Household supply Paper Motor vehicle Automotive tire Electrical wiring Fluid Gas Automotive tire Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Gas Cable Finger Fluid Plant Gas Electrical wiring

·
very big dumb
9,049 Posts
thats a tre. rumored to make the bike a bit more responsive in 1st/2nd gear. it's an aftermarket adon that sits between the gear position sensor and main harness.
can be safely tossed (and then plug the gear position sensor into its proper plug)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats a tre. rumored to make the bike a bit more responsive in 1st/2nd gear. it's an aftermarket adon that sits between the gear position sensor and main harness.
can be safely tossed (and then plug the gear position sensor into its proper plug)
Thanks for the info..,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I've looked into the TRE (timing retard eliminator) thanks so much for the identification help.
I see no reason to bypass the TRE if its working properly. I had zero issues prior to my no start issue which I believe was simply my pump failing. my TRE came disconnected. I have 1 red wire and the other 5 wires are all black. how do I determine if its working and where they go in my system? I described in my previous post my wiring and where the tree is connected.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
theres only one way all of that plugs in... there are no "similar" connectors nearby.
The wires from my
TRE came disconnected from the plugs that plug into the harness. basically imagine My TRE with 6 bare wires. 1 red and 5 black I need to plug the tree into the connectors so I can plug it into my harness. which means I need to understand the wiring of the resistor. so I can pass thru it correctly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just toss the thing. it doesnt matter. or they're like $20

Thanks you have been helpful. If I cant find find some testing info on this unit that’s probably working fine. It just needs to be wired in properly. I will replace it. Or like yiu said just disconnect it. After doing some reading which you prompted it seems like these things are an upgrade from stock low power issues.

·
very big dumb
9,049 Posts

·
very big dumb
9,049 Posts
they "change" things, but not necessarily for the better. the thing lies to the ecu and says the bike is always above 2nd gear. the problem is, if you add a power commander, now the pc3 is gonna be confused

1 - 10 of 10 Posts