Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
The thing is - the R6 has ram air. Unless those numbers were run on the same dyno as the '05 - and one that creates a windblast equivalent to the bikes 'speed' - then this tells you very little. Yamaha themselves have said that they're claimed 133bhp is WITH ram air assist. Different dynos give different results.

Let's face it - the 2006 R6 is a b!thin' bike. A tiny little rocket of a bike (I've never felt more 'over' the steering head than when I sat on one). One that may redefine what 'high-tech' means in motorcycling.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I was talking to my friend with a CBR600RR how it kinda sucks to have the "hot" bike in the sportbike world...it's only "hot" for about 10 months before another company announces their new bike.

I'll stick with my SV. ;D

Though I have to say, that R6 is one kickass and beautiful bike.

·
Registered
216 Posts
That dyno info is excellent, even only as a reference.

One of the bike magazines called the R6 "the most focussed bike" in the Yamaha lineup. It was made for the track, and it won't do much else very well. I wish I could afford it... and afford to take it to the track as often as possible... oh, that'd be great!!

Marcos

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
I've been saying it for days ;) Seriously, i reckon Yamaha took a look around, thought "well, we can't compete on drivability and real world usability with the 636 or the 675, so let's not make even a token attempt..." If that's what you want from a bike, then fair enough.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've ridden one, and the seating position isnt as bad as people seem. My only problem was that the angle of the bike makes you "nut hug" . The exhaust note is the sexiest I've heard from a stock bike EVER. I have pics if you guys want to see... O yeah, and as i'm sure everyone knows now the 17.5 RPM is non existent, all dynos show the bike peaking @ 14.8 and cutting @ 16k... it is still a damn sexy bike though... ;D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts