Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
The 599 returns with OSD forks and some new gauges.....but it's still over a thousand dollars more than an SV. That'll fall flat - again.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Ruefus said:
The 599 returns with OSD forks and some new gauges.....but it's still over a thousand dollars more than an SV. That'll fall flat - again.
+1 they need to keep the price down for that to sell here in the states , i like the look of the VFR800 but it would have been nice to see some inverted forks on there for that price ::)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think the newest generation VFR's came out in '03 so if they keep to their previous product cycles with it it should be the next generation for '07. Right cause the previous generations are usually listed as '98-'02.That's what Im hoping for at least.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yawn. At least Yamaha came out with something new :-\

·
Registered
92 Posts
i have nothing bad to say about honda i love them in a special way. my net bike will be a cbr1000rr. i have always liked hondas

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Y'know - I used to love Hondas.

Then I started working at a shop that carries all four makes.

Now, I like Honda less and less. Overpriced, overengineered - LOTS of recalls lately. Sure feels like they're trading on their name more and more...like a certain American Motor Company.

·
Registered
137 Posts
What's with that horrible blue and yellow paint job on the 1000?  Yuuuck!

Honda = bland   Nothing risky, middle of the road on everything.  They should just paint everything vanilla. :D

No Superhawk for 06?  Man if they had just gave that some attention.

Oh well.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Omaha 1 said:
How in the hell does the RC51 stay the same but get 9lb's heavier??
They finally decided to stop lying about the dry weight.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I really liked the looks of the 599, and almost bought one instead of my SV. Old school carburators for $1000 more than an SV is what turned me off. No mention of FI in this article, so I assume that hasnt changed. It will probably flop again...too bad.

·
Registered
551 Posts
i just don't get it...why would big red cancel the 599 for 05...then bring it back in 06 with no significant changes? and its still carbed!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts