Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there

since this crash i did some rebuild to my bike and "its working" but ive been noticing some strange things.

1. fuel light NOT working but when the tank is completely dry (me in the road with no fuel) when i see it its like a mind fack.......i shhhit bricks cuz i know im dead. Its like is inverted somehow.

2. lights switch is also inverted high are low and low are high

3. when i warmed it up runs perfect i let it until 100ºc then turn it off and wait a couple minutes while i get my gear on. Then i turn it on and idle speed drops near to 1k while warming up its stable at 1200-1300

4. Like 2-3 times in 3 months i stopped at a red light and bike dies with FI sign but no code. I just close the key, open it again and it runs normally again.

Im looking for some guidance cuz i messed with everything while learning but i have no idea what cable or sensor is causing this behavior.

What i did
I took the fuel pump out while my tank was getting "fixed" after the crash.
I did a fuel throttle bodies service per manual and tried to put it all back together but this TP sensor kept itself out of spec with no luck while reading voltages.

any light on my problems, plz. Maybe i just missed some important step

·
Registered
317 Posts
Wow, a lot going on here. You did work to it and now it is not 100%. I would get a service manual and go through the wire diagram for your electrical issues.

If you are not getting voltage to your TPS, you are not hooking it up correctly (per the manual). You should have 1.125 volts when closed.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tps. and all other sensors seemed to be within spec except the TP sensor wich is different than tps. I don't recall its name exactly but you gotta check it if you do the secondary valves adjustment and it should be fully open at 3.9v iirc but there's no way mine goes over 3.6.

about an hour ago I parked for like 3 hours and it starts with this jerkiness below 4k rpm and after 20mins in traffic she went back to normal. overall I feel this power loss below 5k rpm. I have my tre ready to install but I guess is not the way to do it

·
Registered
317 Posts
tps. and all other sensors seemed to be within spec except the TP sensor wich is different than tps. I don't recall its name exactly but you gotta check it if you do the secondary valves adjustment and it should be fully open at 3.9v iirc but there's no way mine goes over 3.6.

about an hour ago I parked for like 3 hours and it starts with this jerkiness below 4k rpm and after 20mins in traffic she went back to normal. overall I feel this power loss below 5k rpm. I have my tre ready to install but I guess is not the way to do it
Using Suzuki words.......tps and tp sensor is the same thing. Both are Throttle Position Sensor. Think you are talking about the stps or stp sensor, which is the Secondary Throttle Position Sensor.

I think you need to start over using a Suzuki Service Manual. The STPS should be "more than approx 4.38v" when fully open. See page 5-30.

I would double check your throttle sync (visually) first and then with a gauge. Double check your tps and stps. Then just to make sure double check your sync again.

If you don't have a Suzuki Service Manual then you are pissing in the wind.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have it, yes
but i guess ill do a second run cuz theres always something you miss the very first time.
And yes, is the STPS wich i noticed has a losen plug and maybe it moves due to vibration or temporaly disconnects itself and thats the reason why it turns off randomly.

thnx
Ill put my new levers and take a look a this again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts