Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know Colorrite has it, I know they suggest that you get the silver base coat. My question is how noticeable is the difference if you don't use the silver base? I have a small crack in a weird spot of my fairing you can't really see it unless you look for it, and then you can see the slight white line. I figured if it was any other color other then white you would not notice it. So I don't want to spend the extra $15 for the silver just for this small spot. I was also thinking of just finding a blue that is close enough from auto zone. I will try to take a picture so you guys can see what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I wouldnt get the blue from Auto Zone. if you can see the white line and it bothers you enough to get the touch up then the off color blue will bother you even more. Not getting the silver may be just as noticeable as not getting the correct blue. Since the blue is going to be semi transparent, the silver provides that metallic look and changes the tone slightly. I would spend the money and do it right if the scratch is bothering you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts