Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the ZX-10R shock off eBay for $38 shipped, and I bought the bottom bolt and nut for the ZX-10R already too.

I am just curious as to if the 2005 ZX-10R shock will fit without cutting the battery box. I have tried searching for this multiple times and all I get out of it is that the 2006/2007 dont need cutting to fit. This doesnt mean that the 2005 does need to for the battery box to be cut.

Anyone know?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Th 04-05 require you to cut. I have one taking up space in my garage because of this. I had a 06-07 at one point, but settled on the ZX-14 shock.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, it works. The battery box has seen better days, but it wasnt too bad with the use of a Dremel. I located the tip over sensor I believe, and I hope I set it back into its place right side up.

It was a pain in the neck, it took me probably 2 hours and I still have to wait for the ZX-10 bolt and nut to get it on for good.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know I sure had to cut it. My bike has been through about 3 wrecks, so I wouldnt doubt it if they sub frame was tweaked. I really dont think it has been tweaked enough to make it that a stock wouldn't need to be cut though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts