Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this bike in a trade. At 1st it wouldn't start at all then got ut to crank and finally to turn over. The bike would not go above 4000 rpms , and wouldn't stay running without the throttle engaged. Had to do some other stuff for several days. Then went back to it. Now it will crank but not start. Any help would be nice. I am in Albuquerque New Mexico.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Check fuel pressure. Pretty common problem on these if there is any rust in the tank at all. fuel isn’t filtered until after the pump, so rust particles erode the pump impeller, and degrade fuel pressure. Once below a certain value, it isn’t high enough for injectors to work at all. Before it gets to that point, it will cause power loss as RPM increases. There are also a few electrical issues that can pop up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im starting to think it is the fuel air ratio adjustments. But I don't know where they should ve. I have not worked on a motorcycle in 20 yrs or so. There are for screws that you can adjust 3 on the carbs directly and the one on the left side through the frame. I already took out the old fuel and cleaned the tank when I got it home. As for the fuel pump i took it out and loooked pretty good. I haven't messed with the injectors. It does sometimes smell like to rich a fuel air mix. Any further help?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Check fuel pressure. Pretty common problem on these if there is any rust in the tank at all. fuel isn’t filtered until after the pump, so rust particles erode the pump impeller, and degrade fuel pressure. Once below a certain value, it isn’t high enough for injectors to work at all. Before it gets to that point, it will cause power loss as RPM increases. There are also a few electrical issues that can pop up.
Which electrical issues would pop up to stop it from starting?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts