Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always wanted an SV650, I've ridden a few and always enjoyed the twin. So when a 2005 SV650N showed up on CL for $1,800 I couldn't pass it up. The bike had been low sided by the previous owner, and his lost was my gain.

The good:
1. Bike starts up no problem
2. Frame slider took the brunt of the damage
3. It's ridable, just no brakes at the moment
4. GSXR600 Forks
5. Trailtech Gauge
6. Bunch of extra parts to sale

The bad:
1. Throttle tube and bar ground off
2. Rearsets need to be replaced both sides
3. Throttle cable housing cracked
4. Brake and Clutch lever need replacing
5. LeoVince can has a small hole in the Carbon Fiber
6. Headlight is smashed in
7. Some dings in the gas tank

I think thats everything. Pictures to follow.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Parts list coming together:

Ordered-
Headlight: some Madass Projectors off Ebay (May or may not use them)

Bars: Ordered ProTaper MX bars and mounting adaptors for GSXR Triple

Grips: ODI Grips

Levers: Chinese Levers from Ebay

Throttle tube: R6 Throttle tube picked up from Salvage yard

Throttle Cables: 03 SV650 Throttle cables and housing picked up from salvage yard

Rearsets: OSF Rearsets bought from SVRider classifieds

Still working on-

Slip on Exhaust - Thinking of custom making a system with FMF Apex can

Headlight bracket

Tank (May just leave the dented one)

Replacement Frame Sliders

Tires

Rear shock - This would just be to upgrade to a zx14 rear shock.

I think that's it for now. Hopefully I'll get some parts by early next week and i can take her for a test ride.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Installed throttle cables today to the throttle body (WHAT A PAIN). Still waiting for my bars, I hope the throttle cables are long enough, but if not I'll figure it out. Also tore apart the controls. Removed the bars and everything from them, along with the rearsets. Took the headlight off as well.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
New bars are one, and longer throttle cables are ordered :-( Also mocked up MadAss headlights. Looking good so far. Pics combing up next.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lights are wired up and looking good. Power commander is in, but not sure when I'm going to plug it in. FMF Apex should be here tomorrow, but again not sure when I'll be able to put it on. Throttle cables will be in tomorrow or Saturday, so hopefully I can test ride on Sunday :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, FMF Apex is rigged up for now with the Leo Vince Midpipe and a piece of aluminium to the old hanger. The Apex is meant for a GSX-R600 I went with the Ti can since the carbon cans aren't as durable. Turn signals our mounted, rearsets are installed, ODI Grips on, motion pro +3 throttle cables installed. Took it out for a test ride, bike is loud, and feels awesome. Speedo and Tach not working, so I ordered some parts from Trail Tech. After that I just need to have the custom headers and headlight bracket built, I think... and Power commander installed.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Almost forgot to mention my cool radiator guard i made from a rain gutter guard I found at HD. Cut to length and wrapped it around fit great. Still needs paint or maybe plastidip...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts