Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I recently purchased a 2002 SV650 and have been having a blast with it. One of the other bikes I was looking at possibly upgrading to or adding to my collection is a Ducati monster. My friend recently stumbled across a 2005 Ducati monster 620 with roughly 10k miles selling for $2800. The bike is said to be in pristine condition (never been down) with one fix needed, new front brake rotor/pads replaced (he quotes $265 with a link to parts) and that this has been factored into the price. Is this a good deal?

I feel like it maybe too good of a deal, considering I paid $2400 for my 02 SV with 18k miles. Then again, i don't know if i paid too much for mine. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Sounds like a good deal. Close to the trade-in price:

http://www.kbb.com/motorcycle/trade-in/2005/ducati/monster-620/67244/

You never know until you see it in person, though.

The Monster 620 isn't much different from an SV650. Better stock suspension, I'd imagine. But very similar engines, ergos, etc. Point being, I'm not sure it would feel like much of an upgrade. Nevertheless, I'd encourage you to check it out if you're interested.

·
Registered
9,123 Posts
Less HP and torque compared to the SV. It's a Ducati, but not an upgrade from a SV. If I wanted an older Monster, I would at least be looking for a 900. The original dual spark 1000 is a very good choice as well. More money of course, but not a lateral move. One magazine called the 749 a SV in Hugo Boss clothing. A rather nice compliment for the SV.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Get it! You'll love it and become one of the Ducatisti.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts