Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what the difference between the colors was.  It seems the '04 is a little darker yellow and the '05 is a lighter or paler yellow.  Also the '04 is a single coat color and the '05 is a basecoat-topcoat metallic.  Is there any other difference?  Am I wrong in what I have already posted?  I have a grey s fairing I am fixing up and a dent in my tank that will require a repaint.  So I figured that if I am painting both of those I can get everything painted and take care of some small scratches in the tail fairings and I want to know the difference in the colors if there is any real difference.  I like the metalic shimmer of my '05 but sometimes wish it were a shade darker in the yellow spectrum.

Oh, and if anyone has a good pic with both year yellow bikes next to each other to compair that would be great.  Unfortunately for me the only other yellow SV in the area I know of is an '01 curvy.  Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts

That's the '04 with a lot of sun reflection. Maybe if you put a pic of the '04 and '05 next to each other you could see the difference?

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
The 04 is a pearl coat, color matching it is almost as problematic as the 03 copper. I have three Suzuki OEM accessories and if you put them all together there is a conciderable variance. But since none of them touch (mini fairing, chin fairing, rear sear cowl) installed, it doesn't look bad.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It looks like it is a shade darker as the '05 in a lot of sunlight tend to look a little washed out and pale. Is the '04 yellow a metal flake? I really kinda like it when you get up close and see the paint shimmer in the light. I might be hunting down a custom color at this rate if the '04 yellow isn't close enough. Then I will be able to make it whatever color I want and me and options don't mix. It's like.... Well that's a bad joke that might piss someone off, but in short, I can never make up my mind.

·
Registered
166 Posts
do a custom color, it might actually save you money and you would have bragging rights about having a custom paint and not just another yellow sv.....I might paint my yellow '04 black with purple pearl, but I need to finish my lady's ninja first! 8)

·
Registered
92 Posts
kully55 said:
do a custom color, it might actually save you money and you would have bragging rights about having a custom paint and not just another yellow sv.....I might paint my yellow '04 black with purple pearl, but I need to finish my lady's ninja first! 8)
hah. I have a yellow sv650s 2004 and my girl has a ninja as well ;D

·
Registered
166 Posts
what year and size of ninja, not to change the subject! I gave mine a 2002 ex250, but I'm leaning toward getting a sv 1000 for myself and giving her my bike!! :p

·
Registered
92 Posts
kully55 said:
what year and size of ninja, not to change the subject! I gave mine a 2002 ex250, but I'm leaning toward getting a sv 1000 for myself and giving her my bike!! :p
heh, 2003 ex250 yellow with purple bottom. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts