Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright here is the deal,
I would like to do the fork swap and the rear shock swap. I just need some solid information on what parts are inter-changeable. I am mechanically inclined. If they make a checklist of what is needed and some instructions that would be awesome. I am looking for the least amount of modifications possible with the swaps almost bolt on easy, the most bang for my buck, but also I know you get what you pay for. Nothing fancy I just don?t like the stock suspension. I am a daily commuter and maybe next year I would like to get out on the track.
Thanks for any and all help.
Thanks,
Dave

I have trouble sorting threw all other threads.

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
I have the '05 and of similar size, 6-2 and 225.

SV suspension really sucks purple monkey butt!

The shock is plug and play especially if you get an aftermarket one with no attached external reservoir.
You can do it in less than an hour ... three bolts ... thats it.

Front forks if you start off by just doing springs and 20 weight oil is very easy.
If you change damper rods and put in racetech emulators, it is a bit more involved ... make sure you have all the tools before you start.

I spend last weekend upgrading the suspension, I chose to spend a bit more money on the suspension rather than a pipe and have no regrets. Bike handles very well and has no more nose dives. I did a panic stop on the freeway from seventy tonight with just the front brake .... very very predictable and responsive. I think my rear wheel came off the ground a little bit.

There is some very good items out there, how much are you willing to pay?
Traxxion sells just the Penske body for very little and calls it the sport shock.

I got my stuff from the SVRaceshop crew .. (I don't think they worked very hard to get the name Zoo Crew ;D )

Very satisfied with the setup and service I recieved from them.
Penske was on sale but waited a loonngg time for it to come in.

If you want to keep your bike for a long time, put the money in the suspension, it will be the best thing you will ever do for the bike, handling, confidence in your skills ...

Or you can get a loud pipe ::)

j/k ... I want to get in on the holeshot group buy but I spent all my money :'(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It does sound like I will do the oil change, springs, and emulators for now and maybe one day I will do the front end conversion. As far as the rear I was thinking of going with the svraceshop. But instead you went with penske and bought all the parts for the forks from the race shop? How much all together so I will have a clue. Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
505 Posts
Joe - "Zoo Crew" seems to fit us most of the time, it's like a zoo around here! Since the company name is CycleZoo Racing, it seems to match up well....... ;)

Dave - I'll PM you some info on the SVRaceShop suspension upgrades.

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
I got no hold back with SVRaceshop, it was very obvious to me that they really care about what they do and how it gets done.

All my questions were answered in a competent and respectful fashion ... the subject of lawn tractor shocks did come up ;D :D ;D

Yup, good prices, good products, good support and a good sense of humor ... what else can you ask for ???

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Currently said:
All my questions were answered in a competent and respectful fashion ... the subject of lawn tractor shocks did come up  ;D :D ;D
i'm currently winning races on dual tractor prototype shocks from svraceshop . they'll be coming to production very soon. the zx6 and gsxr shocks will become extinct after i get finished the testing. :eek:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
svraceshop does sound like the way to go. I have been messaging jarelj and he has been a lot of help. Can I get a payment plan or some thing? That would be awesome. Thanks , Dave

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
Kris87 said:
i'm currently winning races on dual tractor prototype shocks from svraceshop . they'll be coming to production very soon. the zx6 and gsxr shocks will become extinct after i get finished the testing. :eek:
Kris  ...  you a...hole!  :eek:  Now I have to sell my Penske!   ;D :D ;D

So much for Clayton's and Jarel's job security rebuilding those shocks, I guess they will have to take time off ;D

You could of used me for a prototype and saved me the long wait for that penske!

Now I am really going to pout!    :'(

You do know that you are going to have to get rid of that awful green and turn 'em yellow.
You also cannot turn them blue because everyone knows blue is faster and us yellow guys need an edge!   :p

·
Registered
606 Posts
Just wait 'til he get the new pogo-rama-super-ag-shock I'm building for him! ;D

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
DucOwner said:
Just wait 'til he get the new pogo-rama-super-ag-shock I'm building for him! ;D
Now, now, does that one come from the Fordson ... you know the gray ones? ???
Parts are getting harder and harder to find for those puppies ... :D

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
jarelj said:
Oh no..... how did this get turned into another tractor shock thread!?!?!? ::)
I am blaming it all on Kris87, he gave me shock envy ... :eek:

How come he gets to play with all the good toys :'(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts