Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i have most of a 2004 GSXR 750 front end and am having problems with some details. All I am missing is the front wheel......

Per this thread http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136979 I have the front end that requires the lease modification for applicatio n to my 2006 sv650.

The question is...this is the information that i keep finding:

a
01-05 gsxr 600
00-05 gsxr 750
00- 02 gsxr 1000
sv1000 (all)
are all the same wheel

06-07 600/750 the rotor spacing (the bolt pattern) changed (05-06 1000's as well), (310mm rotor) you can use the wheels but the calipers will need to be shimmed (radial brakes)

the 03-04 GSXR 1000's i'm not totally positive about

the brakes really have no effect on what wheels will fit or not
So I feel trapped in buying one of the wheels above. The problem is I want to put a gsxr rear wheel on too but only the 06+ wheels work. So I dont want a new style rear wheel and an old style front wheel. IS there a kit to put a sv1000 wheel on a sv650?

I must be an idiot because I dont know what the measurements actually translate into for this thread:

http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135430

I just cant find anyone to tell me that puttig an 06/07 gsxr front wheel on my 2004 gsxr 750 front end will be an epic fail.

THANK YOU!

·
Premium Member
3,729 Posts
Yes, you can put an 06 + wheel on those forks - all you need is the rotors from the same generation wheel and some 5mm caliper spacers.
I have 09 wheels on mine - you can use those too, again, just be sure you get the matching rotors for the wheel you use.

·
Registered
760 Posts
If you bought your forks from the same guy as the triple I would certainly check them for straightness.

Welding cast aluminum sucks hardcore, and unless you can find someone you really trust, I would find a new lower triple clamp.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The bike was crashed, i got the whole front end from him. Thats the first thing i thought of was the fork straightness and they really look good no visible deformity at all on the forks. What ultimately failed in the crash was the frame right behind the front end. Basically if the frame didnt crack so easily s lot of these parts would be screwed (lower triple aside). I know its just a steering stop but idk if there was some consequence to crashing with a cracked steering stop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts