Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, i'm very new here, picked up an '03 SV650 naked yesterday for cheap and am trying to replace a few things that are busted on it. both foot pedals are either broken or extremely bent, and in flipping through the threads here, i'm finding a lot of conflicting information about cross-compatibility with the K3 model. the radiator is quite busted, but i've got an ebay version coming my way for that, hopefully it's solid.

would anyone be able/willing to provide a definitive breakdown of what works on my bike from other models, or a source of affordable oem/aftermarket bits that would fit as well? i am familiar with bikebandit and partzilla, but the OEM stuff there is pricey for what youre getting.

cheers!
sean

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
The 99-03 have common foot levers. They rotate around the footpeg itself.
04 and on have separate mounting bolts for the peg and lever.

Use some blue loctite on all the pegs and the mounting plate bolts.
The left side particularly will tend to loosen themselves from motor vibration.
Had that happen a couple months after I got my k3 out on the road.
Was able to tighten them up with the factory toolkit long enough to get home.

Get some moly or lithium grease on all the pivoting things.
Check the clutch lever and cable end.
Grease those up too or the cable may start fraying where it should be sliding in the lever.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks a lot, that's really helpful. i spent some time replacing the bars and checked over the cables, seem to be in good shape. ordered some pedals from an '02 off ebay that look to be compatible. pretty excited to get this thing rolling!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts