Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Just joined here because I'm looking for an SV and this site seems to be great. I appreciate, in advance, the advice.

I see plenty of bikes for sale but an 03 came up right around the corner in a color I like. It's naked. It's loaded with parts. Full exhaust, emulators, power commander, seat, steering stab, ss lines, etc. Has a detailed history, although no reciepts. Has 27k miles.

My question is that I see the 03 year called oddball. Is this an issue for real or maybe a minor inconvenience. I hate that sinking feeling that I f'ed up and didn't do all the research I should have

Thanks

·
Registered
308 Posts
With all of those upgrades you'd be a fool not to. Otherwise you might end up buying each one for full price in the future. I'm riding an 03 sv650s with about 50000kms and haven't had any mechanical problems whatsoever and the motor is still running very strong.

The oddball issue with the 03's is that the seat is a little higher and so is the subframe, and the rearsets are one inch higher but also are interchangeable with other years. This makes for a more aggressive riding position . Yes there are less of the "oddball" parts available used but there are also a lot less people looking for those parts so availability may not be an issue.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm also a naked '03 haver, and agree with the previous posts and am happy with my bike. With the minor exceptions noted previously, it's the same as 04 on, so finding most parts isn't a problem and I personally like the more aggressive position, especially with my SM2 bars.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I say get it if the price is right! That sounds like an awesome deal. The detailed history and the mods make this thing worth it in my opinion.

Some people do complain the seat angle on the 03 smashes their groin against the tank, so just sit on it and see if the ergos are tolerable to you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts