Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.. new here with an 03 SV650. I came across a great deal and bought this bike for really cheap because it has bent forks up front. I'm wanting to replace them an enjoy this bike hopefully. Can anyone tell me what year SV Forks will fit?? I know 03-09 will but will prior year forks fit? I did search and most if what I see relates to swapping to GSXR forks.

Also, I'm going to go for the streetfighter look on this bike since the entire front was damaged during the slow speed collision. Any suggestions for headlight setup? Thanks!

Sent from my Desire HD using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,729 Posts
You'll need gen 2 forks
Should be easy to find - including wheel and even fender if you need it - at good price, as a lot of people swapping out for GSXR front ends

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I have been looking quite a bit. Most are listed as bent on eBay. I did see one or two complete front ends but I just need forks.

·
Registered
5,429 Posts
Thanks. I have been looking quite a bit. Most are listed as bent on eBay. I did see one or two complete front ends but I just need forks.

Make sure you check the lower triple clamp, it often gets tweaked when the forks are hit hard enough to bend them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll check the triple clamps as well.... Thanks! Anyone here have left over OEM forks after a GSXR swap?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Try some salvage yards and look for the inner fork legs.. the shiney parts.. the lowers on SV legs rarely ever bend.. the uppers are pretty universal from 03 on so you can peice it together. Good luck

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. The tubes are all that is bent so I just need those. Are their any other bikes that have the same tubes so that I can broaden my search?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts