Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put a 2011 zx10 shock on their 2003 sv1000s?

I searched all over and found the 05/06 zx10 shocks work but I keep getting out bidded on them on fleabay.
The 04/05s zx10 shock will be too soft for me.

I'm 205 plus gear.

Please don't tell me to "just search" as I can't find the info I need.

Oh and if anyone else has any suggestions for shocks that'd be great. I saw a Gsxr and 636 shock swap but haven't really looked into em much as it sounds like cutting needs to be done to make them fit.

Thanks a ton

Jeff

·
Registered
663 Posts
You can put in a gsxr or 636 shock without any cutting or destruction of your battery box. You will still need to cut the metal gaurd attatched to the tank hinge. But if you add spacers in between the rear fender and subframe, under where the battery is you should have enough clearance to avoid hacking :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Check on SV-portal. They have tons of SV1K shock swaps going on over there. I just purchased a ZX-6R shock as the spring rate is right on for my weight. IN the thread I read over there you might be good with that shock also and I believe there is no modding necessary. You would want to get the 07 or 08 shock that has the triple adjustment. Should be plenty on FleaBay for around 60-70 dollars.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I should get the 07/08 zx6 shock of the zx10 shock? I am definitely willing to give it a try though, it sounds like the zx shocks provide a bit of improvement over stock.

It would be sweet if the 2011 shock would fit cause a) I found one barely used for dirt cheap and b) that red is secsy!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I should get the 07/08 zx6 shock of the zx10 shock? I am definitely willing to give it a try though, it sounds like the zx shocks provide a bit of improvement over stock.

ANY shockie is better than the standard sv"s :naughty:
No joke. This thing is downright dangerous at times.

I'm still shopping around for a shock. I will definitely get one soon its just a matter of finding what will work right and getting a good deal.

This winter is gonna be Baby my Sv time.

Just ordered some new shoes, an atre from Steve (westshady) and a few other goodies. I also am gonna do my valves here shortly.

36k and running great! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts