Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be the wrong place to post this but please bear with me.

Was turning my bike around tonight in my yard and very clumsily I dropped her. My left foot came down in a little dip and the bike came right out from under me. Only damage to the girl was a busted left mirror.

Was going to buy a replacement OEM part but got to wondering what kind of aftermarket stuff might be out there. I gave the search function a shot but didn't find much. In my limited riding of the SV, I never found a good angle for the mirrors and always ended up staring at my elbows.

Anyone know of any good replacement?

ON ANOTHER NOTE: If I were to replace the mirror with an OEM one, do I order the left or the right one??? To be clear, it is the mirror on the same side as the side stand. I have heard it described both as left and right and really wanna be sure.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Granted I have a 650n, but I've had several other bikes that needed application specific mirrors, and I've found nice billet ones on Wild Hair Accessories and Competition Accessories. The latter seems to always have a good internet coupon floating around, too. Or, you could always try eBay and Craigslist. Between those, you should have no problem finding a nice set for a good price.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Well after poking around some more I went ahead and ordered this: Motorcycle Superstore

Cheap enough, ~$25 after shipping.

I'll write my opinions of it once I receive/install it.
i have those mirrors for my 650s. they appear to be lighter than stock. i used the stock mount on the fairing. didn't use the emgo mount.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have those mirrors for my 650s. they appear to be lighter than stock. i used the stock mount on the fairing. didn't use the emgo mount.
I plan on using the stock mount as well. Will only replacing one mirror be noticeable? I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Recieved the mirror today and installed in 5 minutes. Looks 100% stock, worked perfect.

Washed the bike directly after and somehow seemed to have chipped the paint off the new mirror already. Guess the paint is cheap...gotta be more careful.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Ebay, go with OEM. I bought used ones in excellent condition for $25 shipped. The SV650 ones are the same.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Ebay, go with OEM. I bought used ones in excellent condition for $25 shipped. The SV650 ones are the same.

:vroom:

I did the same, gonna try to wrap them in that 3M Carbon Fiber vinyl and see if it turns out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts