Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm a new to this forum and motorcycle tech novice so pardon me if I sound ignorant (cause I am!). I have an 03 650s and seem to be having some sort of electrical problems. The other day I wanted to go for a ride and turned my ignition key on but got no lights on the dash. Did it a few more times and still nothing. Then turned the key to check if the parking lights went on. Nada. I popped the seat and checked the battery connections. They all seemed to be secure. I also checked the fuses which seemed to be fine as well. So I figured it was a dead battery. Went out and got a new battery and popped it in. Turned it on and got lights, started the ignition and it started up. I then let it run idle for about 2-3 minutes. Cut off the engine and tried once again. NOTHING, no power at all and this is the current situation I'm in. Could it be loose wiring somewhere? Alternator gone bad?

Any information would be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
double check your main 30a fuse. mine blew the other day for apparently no reason...(???). you could check your ground wire from the battery, make sure it's properly ground and didn't touch something it shouldn't have. kind of weird that the new battery fixed the problem only temporarily though. loose clutch switch? kickstand switch? i would think more towards your main 30a fuse though since you aren't getting any lights or nothing. gotta be something that everything that needs power goes through.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts