Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swapped out my springs/oil last Thursday and it had been off center since then.

The axle itself seems to be INSIDE the right fork if you're sitting on the bike, it should be flush on it. Someone pointed out to me today that it is actually off center in the forks. The thing that confuses me about this is that the brakes are working fine even with the tire off center.

The right fork might be a little bowed perhaps, but I had the bike up to 120 on a ride today and it seemed to track fine and did fine through all the corners, but it is obviously off center.

Anyone know what to do in this situation?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Not sure but it sounds to me that you may have one of the lowers rotated 180 degrees out. I sure would not be riding until I figured it out.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you're referring to the lower part of the fork, they are both rotated in the right direction, otherwise the brake calipers wouldn't go on.

This sucks. :mad: Thanks though, it was worth checking.

·
Registered
52 Posts
You are correct, I thought of that later. I cant figure it out as there are no spacers to get wrong.

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
hmmm...something seems amiss on my front end I just reassembled...I'll just wind her up to 120 and see how she does....

Whaaaaa?????

·
Registered
67 Posts
Post a photo.

...and "not riding" may be recommendable until you find out if you have a problem or not. You only have two tires, if one is at risk, that isn't good.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Loosen the pinch bolt on the right fork leg, use a front stand to take the wheel off the ground and set it back down again. Bounce the forks a couple of times, lift it back up and tighten the pinch bolt. It should line everything up properly.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
alan, good point. that what you normally can do on most bikes (dirt bikes are more common i think) to line them up properly.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I do that every time I change the front wheel, which is pretty often since I race and frequently switch tires/rims.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts