Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't think this day would come but on a whim I purchased a triumph bonneville and just can't keep two bikes.

Link to craigslist post: http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/mcy/3136613201.html

I bought this bike about 15 months ago as a SV650s track bike and converted it to a naked street bike. Don't let the track bike moniker scare you, the previous owner was a 42yr old chick who was a line coach for Pro-Motion. She'd use the bike to show rookies the line, not drag knee. The bike is mostly still safety wired but has not been on the track since converting. I bought the bike with about 11k miles on it and have put about 2-3k more on it. Exact mileage is unknown as I replaced the old S cluster with a vapor gauge. See below for a full listing of mods. Oil and coolant were changed at the beginning of this season and have about 1k on them both. Chain was recently lubed. Suspension is professionally set up for a 165lb rider but can be easily adjusted. The bike has been recently custom painted and has a professional grade 2k eggshell clear so you don't have to worry about gas spills. The paint is decent quality, with some imperfections. The bike had an ill fitting solo cowl on it when I purchased it, which I replaced with OEM plastics but some of the bolts are missing. It's secure, but you're not looking at a factory fresh bike.

Modifications (in no particular order):
GSXR 1000 front end with radial brakes
Penske remote reservoir rear shock
Yoshimura full exhaust (can chopped to make louder, but not obnoxious)
Carbs have been jetted with 17.5 pilot jets and 145 mains
Sprint SV650 steering dampener
Graves 50mm clip ons
Vortex rear sets
CRG roll-a-click levers
Rizoma Sportline grips
Rizoma Reverse Retro Mirrors
Rizoma anodized top nut
J.W. Speaker 8100 DOT approved HID headlight fitted to a CB550 headlight bucket with slim HID ballast
Custom headlight brackets
shaved passenger seat (no passenger pegs installed - but have them for the new owner)
Honda CBR F3 rear wheel conversion - new sprocket installed when conversion was done last August
Galfer rear rotor (larger than stock SV650 rotor to allow for full pad contact)
Stainless braided brake lines
Motoslider frame sliders
Swingarm sliders
HammerGrips tank pads

more pics on craigslist post

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Damn Jay surprised to see you selling. Can't wait to see your bonnie though. Also nice craigslist ad, gave me a chuckle
I honestly didn't think I would sell anytime soon but July 4th I was driving w/ some friends up to go boating and saw a sweet black thruxton and fell in love. Later that day after quite a bit of beer and prompting from my girlfriend and friends, I started searching craigslist and ebay. Found a pretty nice bonnie black, bid on it, didn't hit reserve, but ended up making a good deal on it. Got it for about $800 cheaper than anything I saw locally.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts