Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
sounds to good to be true but you never know...
I've seen lots of bikes with just about NO miles on them so that's not to strange. I'd look up the original tire make/model and make sure they're still on it. It couldn't hurt to see what the original chain looks like and see if that's still there to. Same goes for the oil filter...

·
Registered
203 Posts
I see alot of cheap busas, not sure if it is a fraud thing or just a common "i need to get rid of this death machine that I just highsided." thing.

·
Registered
203 Posts
yeah, that looks pretty fishy. I do see alot of busas for under 8k. 5k is b.s. you'd be lucky to get a gixxer750 same year for that price.

·
Registered
65 Posts
If you look through craigslist you will find it listed in almost every major metro. Could be creative marketing but I doubt it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats crazy.  I knew something was up.  What I don't get is what this guy is trying to do.  Somebody is going to want to see and maybe take it for test ride.  How could this guy possibky scam you unless you send him the money without even looking at the bike?

·
Registered
154 Posts
"unless you send him the money without even looking at the bike?"

That must be exactly what some unsuspecting buyers do, anxious to close in on a such a hot deal.

We have Craigslist here Chi, and offers of this nature appear almost daily, frequently with a "scam alert" posted shortly thereafter. Something about "if it's too good to be true, it probably isn't" comes to mind.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
or an even trade for a pack of Newports and a couple gumballs.

Its no doubt he was in a hurry to type this ad out. A serious jones for crack will do this to you.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Busas fetch low prices up here in the Maritimes, mainly because nobody wants them. They scare people away on the used market. So it is possible, though not always likely.

·
Registered
154 Posts
orangegilly said:
The buy it now is actually listed as 5.000$, so it's 5 bucks?
That's how numbers are written in some other countries. 5,000 in the US = 5.000 in Germany

If you contact them, they'll probably tell you the bike is in Romania or something.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Insurance is completely stupid on Busa's, especially for any rider in Alberta under 25. If you have a few tickets, forget it as it will cost thousands to insure. Same go's for any bike with 'Ninja' next to it's name. I wish Kawasaki would drop the Ninja name and go with something safer sounding like 'Fluffy Bunny'. I could probably afford insurance on a Kawasaki ZX14 'Fluffy Bunny'!!

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
ZREXER said:
Insurance is completely stupid on Busa's, especially for any rider in Alberta under 25. If you have a few tickets, forget it as it will cost thousands to insure. Same go's for any bike with 'Ninja' next to it's name. I wish Kawasaki would drop the Ninja name and go with something safer sounding like 'Fluffy Bunny'. I could probably afford insurance on a Kawasaki ZX14 'Fluffy Bunny'!!
I know that Progessive does (or used to) not classify the Busa as a GSXR because it's called a GSX1300R instead of the other naming convention (eg GSXR1000 or GSXR600). Also, because it's "1300cc or larger," it's classified as a cruiser. Try that with the Ninja ZX-14 8)

·
Registered
109 Posts
ShaggyZ said:
I know that Progessive does (or used to) not classify the Busa as a GSXR because it's called a GSX1300R instead of the other naming convention (eg GSXR1000 or GSXR600). Also, because it's "1300cc or larger," it's classified as a cruiser.  Try that with the Ninja ZX-14 8)
I have heard the same thing, depends on the insurance company. As with anything, it pays to shop around. Hopefully insurance companies don't kill bikes like the 'Busa or ZX-14. Suzuki is rumoured to coming out with an all new or major revamped 'Busa in '07. I have ridden both the 'Busa and a '05 GSXR 1000. The GSXR 1000 accelerates harder than the Busa, but does not feel as planted as the 'Busa does. The 'Busa is also a much more comfortable bike as well.
I was pretty impressed by the BMW K1200S I rode last year as well. It felt almost as strong as the 'Busa.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts