Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve got an 01 sv650, brand new carbs, new petcock, new radiator all the works basically. When I bought the bike it was in very rough shape and I fixed it up with new parts, adjustments etc. it was running perfectly fine up until today, I went to start it (choke on) and to my surprise it took a bit to start, when it finally did after holding the button down for a long time it idled at around 1k rpm and then died when I tried giving it some juice. I took the fuel tank off and ran gas from a bottle while plugging the vacuum and it actually let me give it some gas without dying. Choke off with this method however it would idle at around 900rpm and cut out because it was so low and such a rough idle. There’s 2 little hoses under the air box that seem to be some sort of snorkel or emissions system I’m not entirely sure but one of them were unplugged could that be the issue? The carbs are brand new and clean.

·
Registered
2000 SV650 N
520 Posts
Welcome to SVR! I just posted an update on my repair venture for my 2000 650n. I (may have) found out my issue is rust in the tank. Rust will clog up new carbs in minutes. You may want to check that out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts