Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the stock exhaust from a newer bike fit on the 2001? Say like a 2005 sv 650? I just need my bike back in riding condition and need a cheap exhaust.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
No, not as far as I know.

I have a complete 1st Gen exhaust for sale but it only includes everything up to the muffler... ready for a slip-on!

PM me if you're interested.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Will the stock exhaust from a newer bike fit on the 2001? Say like a 2005 sv 650? I just need my bike back in riding condition and need a cheap exhaust.
Some members have done what you are asking about. Put a 2G exhaust on a 1G SV.

There are some differences between 1G and 2G bikes. However, 2G tends to work on 1G with some minor tweaks while 1G won't work on 2G due to the oil cooler rad being in the way, etc.

I haven't done this myself but I do recall a mounting plate had to be fabricated for the mounting bolt on the right side under the foot peg/frame. Nothing complicated really. Not sure if the exhaust can mounting tab will line up though. But an adjustable aftermarket band and /or a fabricated hanger or even a slip-on, would solve that.

Just putting out a few options... Good luck with your search.

P.S. I do have a prefect and complete 1G stock exhaust for sale, but due to its weight and odd size, it won't be cheap to ship. PM me if interested.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts