Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 SV650 and i cannot get it to start. It has sat for about 2 months and now will not start. It does crank over, it is getting gas. I have taken the carbs off and cleaned them out, still no go. I had it running about 3 days ago with no problems. then I let it sit and tried to start it and no go. I checked the HT Coils and according to the book they are both good. I checked the Pulse Generator and if I am look at the right plug it appears to be bad, with the multimeter I read a full Open instead of what the book says it should read. I have hooked up a timing light to the spark plug wires and i do not get anything out the timing light, is this along with the pulse generator reading open verify that it is bad?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thought i would add a little more info. I had it back fire on me the other day while trying to start the bike. We pulled the spark plugs and noticed a spark while cranking the motor. My friend pulled the air box off the motor and placed his hand over the top of the carbs one at a time and said it was creating any suction and that this is not a good sign (not sure what that means).

Again any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Most likely didn't clean the carbs well enough. I kind of went through the same thing had it running for a few days then started having driveability problems. Finally had the time to dissassemble the carbs again and found the lil ports under the main jet holders(pull the main jets, then the piece it screws into) full of gunk n stuff. I never even thought to remove the main jet holder but wanted to be as thorough as possible.

Sent from my EVO using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
962 Posts
Also remember that you have those little "fuel filters" built into your carbs(underneath the floats I believe) that need to be cleaned. I would think that your carbs pulling in air would be a good sign, considering that's what they do along with pulling in fuel...but I could be wrong.

Your battery is a lead acid and is fully charged? Take the air filter off and spray starting fluid into the carbs, does it wanna run then?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts