Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, why do I have no compression and rebound adjusters on the front forks? these things are way toooooo soft and look to be set pretty high in the triple clamp. i have almost no travel before hitting the lower triple clamp.

also, anyone in the columbus ohio area have the adjuster tool for the rear shock?

how about a shop manual I could look at?

thanks.

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
So, why do I have no compression and rebound adjusters on the front forks?
Because the SV is a budget bike and got cheap suspension components.
these things are way toooooo soft...
Yep, the stock spring rate is very soft. Unless you're less than 125 lbs you'll benefit from better springs and thicker oil.

and look to be set pretty high in the triple clamp. i have almost no travel before hitting the lower triple clamp.
Sounds like the PO lowered the front. How much fork tube is sticking up above the top triple?? Should be no more than 15mm, and 5-10mm is a good range.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My '99 SV650 has no fork adjustments at all. And I hated the huge dive they took whenever coming to a stop.

So I replaced the stock 10 weight fork oil for 15 weight fork oil this weekend. It hasn't transformed them into miracle forks, but it's soooo much better now. Huge difference.
I also raised the fork tubes by a few mm and it made for faster turning. This was also a very pleasant improvement.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts