Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went riding this weekend with my wife on board. Surprisingly the bike felt more stable in turns then without her. It prob has something to do with the sag but I expected it to be the opposite. I am still using the stock setup (springs and shock ). I also have not done anything with the sag yet (only couple weeks old). Anyone have any ideas on why it would feel more stable? ( I weight 175 and the wife is about 103. )

·
Registered
171 Posts
If you softend your shocks, it would be the same effect as having your wife on the back.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I will have to take a look at my shock setting. Currently the bike is getting the first service done on it so I will post back my results.

·
Registered
787 Posts
i think it rides worse when my wife is on the back but then again she is holding on so tight i am afraid she is going to break my ribs, i have to keep reminding her we are only going 30mph, any suggestions i can give her with out her thinking i am an assh*le would be appreciated

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can prob count the number of times my wife has been out with me on one hand, so I am definitely not an expert. I will say though she is getting better each time. She seems to find it easier if she has one hand on the tank and one around me. Keeps her from sliding around. The one thing I finally convinced her to do was relax. When she was rigid I could feel her lean more into the turns then what was needed or not lean at all. Explain to her by being so tight (rigid) it will make you more rigid.. which could compromise your line in and out of turns. Nothing she can do to stop something bad from happening... but a lot she can do to cause it. Relax and have fun. ;D

Not directed at Cobra but for anyone who reads this : I know some people are not big on wearing full gear... but if you are riding with a passenger please at least make sure they have full gear on.  You will never forgive yourself if something happens. :'(

·
Registered
787 Posts
yep i make the mrs. put on all of my gear and i just T-shirt it, I will buy more gear if she thinks she will get into it, if not oh well i tried it i guess

1 - 6 of 6 Posts