Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, hope you all well and enjoying the summer. I just want to say thanks for your help and this forum!!
Well I am finally back to work and feeling better so going to be riding alot hopefully. I wanted to change the plugs. I never have and is a 2005 SV650S with over 22k on it. The rear was so easy. I put in CR8E and gapped ofc.
Got to the front and that one is tight and slow going but the weird part the plugs that were in it, do not match. Had it a couple years and just never did it. The front one is so short? I did not even try to start it. and have on idea how to manual crank it. Not like a dirt bike with a kickstart. LOL.
You think someone did mod internally and now have clearance issue??

Audio equipment Gas Technology Font Fashion accessory
Light Product Audio equipment Auto part Gas

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, thanks for responses. It went in super smooth. And have no idea how to find TDC. I would imagine crank by hand but do not know how to do that. i was thinking bout screwdriver thing. But at a loss on steps before that. I probably making it bigger than what it is but I am just cautious on stuff that can go sideways and permanent damage.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok if you read my last post you had to be ROFL.
Nope that did not work for me. Haha on me. So I kept bumping it on starter and found it and it was fine. I put it in and is all done. No issues. Getting the seats covered and a gel pad for butt. Ride it next week and post some pics. Thanks for fast feedback, George and Troy, I appreciate it.
Are the IX ones better??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is all so interestings. Thanks for posts. I am waiting on new seats recovered. Will be riding this Sunday as long as it does not rain with our Tropical weather who knows. lol.
And I will post how she is running after. It idles and revs fine but need to wind her up and listen to her talk to me. She makes beautiful sounds. Sweetness to my ears. :love:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts