Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I tried some Iridiums in my 99 and it seemed to lack bite. Went back to standard NGK CR8E . Spark plugs are not just a spark but are also designed for the best Dwell-Angle when igniting. I also still have the Factory fitted ," Denso " plugs that I took out @ 26k miles and are still serviceable. I keep them in a pouch as spares under my rear seat.

Tip: If you have the Factory Tool-kit hinged plug spanner/wrench you can use it's back-end box 10mm spanner to remove the 3 Rad bolts and push the rad forward to get to the front plug if you take off the Horn bracket without having to drain the coolant. I keep a small piece of cardboard with some double sided tape under my seat to protect my knuckles and rad when messing with the front plug.

I left my Horn bracket off and moved my custom horn,

More info here on checking Spark plug caps,

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
There's a lot of misinformation about spark plugs and their longevity. I had a set of NKGs standard coppers in one of my old Hondas that did well over 30,000 miles and were still in the bike when it got stolen :(

Those Factory Densos look as if they would still be going after 50,000 miles <grin> :D

Reactions: Troy Jollimore
1 - 2 of 2 Posts