Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which panels would you install it on? I'm thinking about putting it on the rear side panels for visibility and to protect the paint from the bungee cords on my rear bag. If not there, I've also thought about wrapping the fork lowers in the stuff. Of course, if I ever install my topcase, I'll cover a lot of it with this material, but I'll need more, much more. I just wish the stuff were cheaper because I'd love to go buckwild with the stuff to make my bike look like a comet streaking down the highway at night.

Oh yeah, I bought the black scotchlite because it'll blend in with my black paint during the day.

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
They need to make a Scotchlight full-body textile. Burning Man.

I say fork lowers and swingarm, maybe a little bit up high.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd love to do the swingarm, but my Scott ProOiler gets oil all over the swingarm. That's not really a big deal, but the kerosene I spray all over the rear end might kill the tape.

Up high, like helmet high? I'm kicking myself for buying a helmet with graphics since it'd look awful with reflective tape unless I cut a fancy pattern to match the graphics. Oh wait....I do put a couple strips of electrical tape on the top of my visor to keep the sun out of my eyes. I supposed I could replace that tape with some 1" reflective tape. It'd certainly make me more visible when I do head checks at night.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I have used that stuff in a couple places..it expensive..where did ya find it for a good price??

·
Registered
247 Posts
I wonder if we could all get a discount if we did a mass order and split and shipped to each person?

I smell a group buy...

Shuluke

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
I am ordering it too. I plan on the swingarm till I put the new one on. but also along the main frame area along the side. the third spot is on the gold portion of the usd forks making them look black ;)

·
Registered
476 Posts
I wonder if we could all get a discount if we did a mass order and split and shipped to each person?

I smell a group buy...

Shuluke
i'd be all over that like sh1t on velcro.

What's a recommended place to buy this stuff? i went to amazon and randomly googled it, and alli can find is the silver or red scotchlite, or only 1/2 inch think black roll

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Occasionally 3"x150' rolls show up on ebay, but they're expensive, although the price per foot is reasonable at around $1/ft. I'd love to buy large sheets of it, or 6" wide rolls. Smaller strips may be fine, but if I'm going to buy a lot, I'd want the flexibility that wider strips offer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts