Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today when I was riding my bike I shifted from 1st to 2nd and twice it missed and went to neutral maybe Im not shifting smoothly enough but just intrested in opinions please.

·
Eagle one
1,660 Posts
Happens to me , when I get tired, and sloppy.......

·
Registered
39 Posts
Shift firm, not hard just firm and it'll be smooth as butter. And let everything get broken in too.

·
Registered
745 Posts
How long has it been since you changed you oil? Mine gets stiffer when I need an oil change.

·
Registered
799 Posts
After your break in and first oil/filter change you may find it shifts a little different. I thought mine shift quite nice from day one. It was working so nicely that I would get lazy and miss a shift here and there. I'm planning on changing out the arm to a TLR which is shorter. This should make the action a little faster... stock it just seems like the throw is a little long. This arm also gives you the option to try GP shift as well. You can buy these for about $23 from online OEM suppliers.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Keep some pressure on the shift lever as you let the clutch out. It may snick in to gear as you are doing so. With the 650, my shift routine is the following...

Slight pressure on gear shift...throttle down while pulling clutch and applying firm pressure to shift lever......after I feel the click of the gear lever....I keep up pressure and let the clutch out....THEN let off of the gear shift.

This cured any of my infrequent missed shifts. I saw this technique on either an AMA or MotoGP race when they had a neat camera angle down at the guys left foot.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I put the TLR shift arm on mine and love it. Much quicker shifts... The 1st to second is harder I think because you have less leverage but I haven't missed it yet.

Cheers

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just changed my oil and it shifts fine now,thanks guys. Can anybody tell me how to wheelie or practice?

B

·
0 Posts
I've been getting the same thing lately.....It seems like she does not like to to make the 1st to 2nd below 6000rpm.......

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Shift with out pulling in the cluth, it will go right into second. You do need to let off the gas "a hair" to do this.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts