Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks:

I talked my friend into buying a '05 650s, and her first time out she ran in to the curb on the other side of the street, and bent both forks! She was okay, but the bike took a tumble :-[. Looks like she needs new forks.

NE1 know how to get stock forks without getting ripped-off? I checked the for sale forum, doesnt look like any are for sale.

thanks!

John in Socal

·
Registered
33 Posts
eBay or a salvage yard. At a yard it might be more expensive but you can be more sure that they are ok. '03- will fit, MAYBE the earlier ones too, same diameter...

And get her to take the MSF course before she even thinks of trying to ride again. The fact that anyone over on your side of the Atlantic can go out and buy any bike and ride it on a permit with no formal training is absolutely retarded... It's way more than just sitting on top and pulling levers and twisting grips...

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
SVS at GdC said:
The fact that anyone over on your side of the Atlantic can go out and buy any bike and ride it on a permit with no formal training is absolutely retarded... It's way more than just sitting on top and pulling levers and twisting grips...
You're not from the U.S. right? Cause I totally agree, there needs to be a tad bit more restrictions...all it takes is a 20 question test that a retard could pass, and bam, you're on the road.

·
Registered
397 Posts
get a gixxer front end :-D that story sounds like the one i wrote about earlier. This guy bought a 1st gen and 3 days later with pretty much no experience came on a group ride. 5 minutes into a ride, his bike lowsides into a fence post...one bent fork and one cracked open completely...

·
Registered
737 Posts
Hold on. Are the fork tubes creased? If not you can straighten them out. The place I know locally will do it for $30 a piece.

·
Registered
270 Posts
i would never ride on anything that was "bent back" unless its not a bike, its my girlfriend, and shes not bent back, but bent ove...you get the picture...get new forks...thats like accidentally sawing a ladder in half and jb welding it back together so you can paint your 3 story house :eek:

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
SVS at GdC said:
The fact that anyone over on your side of the Atlantic can go out and buy any bike and ride it on a permit with no formal training is absolutely retarded... It's way more than just sitting on top and pulling levers and twisting grips...
I don't disagree. But!! Should that change - I guarantee the cost of owning, operating and insuring a motorcycle will go sailing straight through the roof.

Not saying the current system is good - just the opposite - but it'll likely never appreciably change - since the same thing is basically true for cars. And.... we New World-types just love to fight for our freedom any time we see it being infringed upon. :)

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
I'd prefer to have the freedom to walk down the street without being run into a noob trying to wheelie his brand new Hayabusa :) I hear there's plans afoot to make it harder still to get on a bigger bike here, which I don't think I'd agree with.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
hey was it a red sv?? ;D

·
Eagle one
1,660 Posts
B.a. said:
hey was it a red sv?? ;D
I knew this was coming............... anyone see Jim?

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
67GTONUT said:
I knew this was coming............... anyone see Jim?
I'm sure he'll be here shortly... ::)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts