Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 1st Gen SV that had track plastics on it, but the brackets used were a bit homemade.

I tried looking up the parts on Ron Ayers, but the fiche sucked. Can someone let me know the parts required?

Basically, its former life was a naked SV, so I'll need all of the brackets for the upper and lower. I already have the fairing stay.

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
I bought a 1st Gen SV that had track plastics on it, but the brackets used were a bit homemade.

I tried looking up the parts on Ron Ayers, but the fiche sucked. Can someone let me know the parts required?

Basically, its former life was a naked SV, so I'll need all of the brackets for the upper and lower. I already have the fairing stay.
That's all you need. Everything else you fab yourself. Strip aluminum in 3/4 and 1" widths, 1/8" and 1/16" thickness, and some hose clamps.
Not hard, just a little fiddley and time consuming.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was afraid of. No quick and dirty "order them from Ron Ayers" solution.

The only thing I have with the homemade method is that the lower seems to have bolt holes where no possible bracket could be hung.

The plastics are a set of Hotbodies.

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
That's what I was afraid of. No quick and dirty "order them from Ron Ayers" solution.

The only thing I have with the homemade method is that the lower seems to have bolt holes where no possible bracket could be hung.

The plastics are a set of Hotbodies.
They invented drills for a reason. ;D

Hotbodies stuff has a reputation for being a pain to mount.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts