Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm stripping an S model right now and with the limited availability of 1st gen parts, as well as the dated appearance of the plastics, I'm thinking about swapping out the tail as well. My first thought is just a 2nd gen swap, but everywhere I search for info, I get the same useless non answer. I know somebody has tried something at some point, but I'm not getting anything with the keywords I'm using. I'd like to walk into this with a little knowledge before I start buying up random parts to see what's what. I think the tank has enough of a modern design that it'll blend nicely with a next gen tail, but I might look into a tank swap as well, depending on its fit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If they use the same subframe, you can make it work. Start with that. Look at subframes on eBay and compare them. Next step would be bolt holes, if they match, you're in. I just put a GP style tail section on a bike and though it had been made for some other Suzuki or other (GSXR 600 maybe) the bolt holes lined up once I trimmed about 4" of the front end of it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts