Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm stripping an S model right now and with the limited availability of 1st gen parts, as well as the dated appearance of the plastics, I'm thinking about swapping out the tail as well. My first thought is just a 2nd gen swap, but everywhere I search for info, I get the same useless non answer. I know somebody has tried something at some point, but I'm not getting anything with the keywords I'm using. I'd like to walk into this with a little knowledge before I start buying up random parts to see what's what. I think the tank has enough of a modern design that it'll blend nicely with a next gen tail, but I might look into a tank swap as well, depending on its fit.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If they use the same subframe, you can make it work. Start with that. Look at subframes on eBay and compare them. Next step would be bolt holes, if they match, you're in. I just put a GP style tail section on a bike and though it had been made for some other Suzuki or other (GSXR 600 maybe) the bolt holes lined up once I trimmed about 4" of the front end of it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If they use the same subframe, you can make it work. Start with that. Look at subframes on eBay and compare them. Next step would be bolt holes, if they match, you're in. I just put a GP style tail section on a bike and though it had been made for some other Suzuki or other (GSXR 600 maybe) the bolt holes lined up once I trimmed about 4" of the front end of it.
THIS IS USEFUL! THANK YOU!
Sorry, I'm sick of the "anything fits with enough effort and money" answer. It's not even worthy of useless. I've got a ninja bobber with white walls, wrapped straight pipes, and also a wrapped header I've tried. It's got a chopped Harley rear fender, taillights mounted into the flare that's now horizontal, and not a single plastic part on it left. Even the subframe is trashed and the electronics are in a box I welded into the new sub frame I fabbed for it. I've got a GS500F Square Trellis rear frame almost Cafe style. I get the concept. No one asks these questions to be told "you can do it if you can do it and it will cost money if you spend money and you'll spend the amount of money to do it that you spent money doing it"....

Btw, one off GS500F Trellis Cafe/Stunt (11 or 13 tooth front sprocket) for sale. Assorted spare lower casings, transmissions, at least 2 top ends, all original plastics in excellent to perfect condition. Frame swap or rear frame returned to stock for an original bike in perfect condition, under 1k miles on the originals, no miles on the engine, same with suspension post rebuild.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts