Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a mid pipe? Wanted to grab one from the dan Moto sale but slacked and now all they have is 1st gen and third gen. Could I get a 1st gen and just mount it with a custom mid pipe? Anyone have experience with both gens?

·
Registered
462 Posts
I haven't done what you described, but I did fit a Yoshi TRS intended for a 1250 Bandit to my Gen 3 SV. I called a company that makes slip-ons for the Gen 3 and they modified a link-pipe to fit the (much) larger inlet of the Yoshi can, and welded on some spring hooks. Fitting was a breeze.

If you know the inlet size of the Danmoto can then you should be able to easily get a link pipe adapted to fit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just a mid pipe? Wanted to grab one from the dan Moto sale but slacked and now all they have is 1st gen and third gen. Could I get a 1st gen and just mount it with a custom mid pipe? Anyone have experience with both gens?
I actually have the same question. I didn't realize Danmoto had a sale and I can't believe the are completely sold out of gen 2 SV exhaust. Guess they are that popular. I'm also wondering it the mid pipe for the 1st gen with fit the 2nd gen. I make a post too before seeing this one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually have the same question. I didn't realize Danmoto had a sale and I can't believe the are completely sold out of gen 2 SV exhaust. Guess they are that popular. I'm also wondering it the mid pipe for the 1st gen with fit the 2nd gen. I make a post too before seeing this one.
Not sure if grabbed one or not but it fit just fine, I still don’t know what the difference was, but the gen 1 fit just fine on the gen 2.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts