Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out riding earlier when my engine would sporadically start revving much higher than anticipated at the speed. It felt like I wasn't moving any faster when this happened, before it went away and repeated itself for about 10 miles. At the end of that stretch, the bike completely stopped moving, and although I could change gears and rev it, it acted like it was in neutral.

So when I got it home, I played with the clutch pushrod, which had no symptoms of failure. I had just replaced the pushrod seal so I figured it may be an issue with that. I also proceeded to check my clutch cable, and the round mechanism near the front sprocket, which also seemed to be fine. I had replaced the stator gasket, but could not think of a reason why that would cause these issues. I'm very worried that the transmission is toast, so any diagnostic suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2000 SV650 N
1,076 Posts
Sounds like your clutch is toast. Anyone else?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kinda thinking the clutch release mechanism was way to tight when I reinstalled it. The locking nut will not back in to the correct amount. Going to order a new screw and locking nut for the mechanism and see if it will engage properly when its tuned up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was out riding earlier when my engine would sporadically start revving much higher than anticipated at the speed. It felt like I wasn't moving any faster when this happened, before it went away and repeated itself for about 10 miles. At the end of that stretch, the bike completely stopped moving, and although I could change gears and rev it, it acted like it was in neutral.

So when I got it home, I played with the clutch pushrod, which had no symptoms of failure. I had just replaced the pushrod seal so I figured it may be an issue with that. I also proceeded to check my clutch cable, and the round mechanism near the front sprocket, which also seemed to be fine. I had replaced the stator gasket, but could not think of a reason why that would cause these issues. I'm very worried that the transmission is toast, so any diagnostic suggestions would be appreciated.
Hey I had this exact same problem! It turns out my clutch was slipping so I just replaced the plates and the springs and it fixed the problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts