Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
very big dumb
9,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in my little minigp dive, i managed to get some rash on my elbow and hip. What was odd, was that the rash wasn't from the ground, it was from the suit, which is supposed to protect me from rash. :lmao: The suit did not wear through.
has anyone experienced anything similar? is there a reasonable solution? is it just a crap suit and others won't do this (cheaper model alpinestars)?
Do not want to deal with again if at all possible...

·
very big dumb
9,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is the suit loose on your at all? I noticed with a loose suit the fabric can "whip" your skin- even with a shirt on I had a red mark from it in 70mph highway winds for 20 minutes.
nope, it's my size, doesn't slide at all. if it were any smaller i wouldn't be able to breathe or walk... could even go from a 44 to 44.5 if such a thing existed since as I swell from heat throughout the day it gets a little tight around the thighs

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I always use under armor type stuff, long sleeves and pants. It makes getting into and out of leathers much easier. I also imagine it would help the leather glide/slide on your skin instead of dig in and abraid (sp?) your hide.

·
Registered
368 Posts
You can still get friction burn from skin-against-fabric/leather. I've got a couple of round scars on the inside of my elbows from that. It would've been far worse if the abrasion was from skin-against-pavement.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts