Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my 97 TLS with only 16.5k miles that I have just spent the last 4 months doing upgrades and maintenance on to bring it up to excellent riding condition. It starts right up and needs nothing.
I use it on a daily basis now to ride to work and on weekends when it is not 100 degrees or raining. I really love this bike but I need to find something that has a less aggressive riding position as my knees and wrists are taking a beating. I will be looking into either a standard style motorcycle or a more sport touring oriented bike such as a VFR maybe? Still not sure.
I personally have parts costs alone that total over $1200 in the last 4 months and I would have no concerns about taking the bike on a long trip anywhere. I could keep the bike and just ride it but I think getting a standard or a sport tourer will help my 34 year old knees better handle rides than this Super Sport motorcycle. Interesting/viable trades will be considered.

Here is the extensive list of aftermarket parts and maintenance items on the bike.
I will start with the items that were on the bike when I bought it:

Yoshimura Rs3 Bolt on exhaust cans
Helibar adjustable clip on bar risers that help raise the stock riding position and can also be lowered back down to the stock position if so desired.
K&N air filter
Goodridge Steel brake lines front and rear
Aftermarket round aluminum knurled foot pegs

The following are modifications and maintenance items that I have done in the last 1500 miles consisting of all new parts:
GPR V1 adjustable Steering stabilizer to replace stock questionable unit.
6 Piston Gold Tokico front brake calipers with Galfer 1075 Race type HH rated pads.
Hayabusa 5/8 master cylinder
MOSFET Regulator/Rectifier with upgraded power wire to battery
DID 530VM X-ring Gold chain with JT steel front and rear sprockets (stock front size, +2 in the rear. 17/40)
Upgraded the stock water pump setup to a new 98+ water pump cover with bypass.
Upgraded termostat housing to newer version with temp sensor on housing and bypass to water pump with sv650 thermostat.
Ivans TRE
Upgraded stock 5 spring clutch to the 99+ 6 spring clutch unit for better clutch holding power
ASV C5 black adjustable shorty Brake and Clutch levers
2 sets of Black front and rear mini arrow turn signals
Zero Gravity Double Bubble windscreen
Carbon Fiber Triple tree yoke cover
Carbon fiber look small mirrors but bike comes with stock mirrors as well
New NGK platinum spark plugs
Two new Sylvania Extra vision headlight bulbs

Beyond what was mentioned above the valves were checked at 16k and two intake cams were tight and adjusted into spec. The front and rear brakes were bleed with new ATE super blue racing dot4 fluid and the oil changed with Suzuki 10w40 motorcycle oil and factory filter at 15.5k miles
The bike is running Michelin Pilot power 120/70/17 and 180/55/17. Rear tire will last for a couple thousand miles and will need replaced at the end of the season where the front should be good for another season.

Bike also comes with 2 sets of Factory keys, a cool TL100s Key chain fob, a new suzuki water pump impeller, impeller seal and associated nuts and washers as well as HotCams *1997-2001* SUZUKI TL1000S VALVE SHIM KIT, and New RACE TECH FRONT FORK SPRINGS .95 kg which is FRSPS382795 which I was going to have installed with gold valves at the end of the season. Note I do not have any "valves" for the front forks yet.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts