Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Could be one of those OEM fitment spec tires that come on bikes from a maker. What makes those different from a non OEM tire from the same maker....who knows. That's my guess.

:)

·
Registered
8,832 Posts
There was a great article in this month's issue of Sport Rider about deciphering tire codes.

Linky

That does seem to indicate an OEM spec tire.

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's for the Z. I've read where people put on 180's on the Z for better handling, but I don't see how putting a 180 on a rim made fore a 190 won't distort the tire. With that said, I'll stick with the stock size of 190.

Just wondering what that E stands for.

I'm about to get my BT021's from motorcyclesuperstore(unless I can find them cheaper) and I'm stumped with this E at the end.

EDIT- so if it's for the OEM spec, does that mean there's 2 different BT021 rear tires made differently between the E and non E?

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
Guess it's not for his SV then...
DUHHHH!!!!

hence the little hidey smiley

it is OBVIOUSLY for his Zed1k

gosh.

put some fresh batteries in your sarcasm detector, and those knock-off "durracels" from china town ain't gonna cut it, buster.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
DUHHHH!!!!

hence the little hidey smiley

it is OBVIOUSLY for his Zed1k

gosh.

put some fresh batteries in your sarcasm detector, and those knock-off "durracels" from china town ain't gonna cut it, buster.

It's Friday, I'm tired...

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
EDIT- so if it's for the OEM spec, does that mean there's 2 different BT021 rear tires made differently between the E and non E?
Metzeler had more Spec Z6 tires then I could understand. Some for BMW some for the FJR but I'm not sure if they were any different in make up or structure then you'd buy off the rack at some moto store?? BT-016/014 are are another OEM spec tire for the super sport bikes that you can also buy off the shelf too.

·
Lifer
5,220 Posts
I'm about to get my BT021's from motorcyclesuperstore(unless I can find them cheaper) and I'm stumped with this E at the end.
I have BT-021s sitting in my room that I just ordered from Oneida. Check their prices. They were great for SV sized tires :)

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
In car tires, the letter on the end of the numbers is the speed rating for the tire. It indicates at which point the tire will fail. Z is for something like up to 200 mph, and it goes down in alphabetical order.

Tire Chart

1 - 20 of 21 Posts