Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At my last chain replacement I put on a 16 tooth front sprocket and standard 45 tooth rear on my '01 naked. I was afraid it would make the bike really sluggish. Not so. To me it seems to make it a little more relaxed and smoother. Hey I'm 58 and trying to out drag 600SS's is not a big deal with me. I can still dust off the cruisers down here in So. GA with no problem. An indicated 70 comes at about 4500 rpm now and I'm getting an extra 20+ miles before the fuel light comes on. Nice.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
i wish i could do that, but id be too scared of losing the snap. i just went from a 14/45 to a 15/46, and it made quite a difference in the loss of snap, but i do like the extra 300-400 rpm i have when cruising

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went from a 15T stocker to a 14T and liked the change a lot. Then I went back to the 15T, and liked that even more than the 14T! Maybe I'll try a 16T next time around. No fit issues, I presume?

:)

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rosier: Less shifting around town? Yeah, I think so. The SV's torque makes it possible to use the 16 tooth cog effectively. It takes a little of the edge off. Some will like that, some won't. Makes the bike more relaxed and less frentic. I have a 30 mile one way commute and I like the lower rpm's on the road.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
I run 16/46, a lot less shifting with a 16t up front, I lot a bit more zap than I wanted whis is why I went to 46 in the rear.

the stock 16t gsxr sprocket fits and has the rubber thingie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts