Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
427 Posts
My 0.02$ worth.... I'd try to work the price down on that one.

What is your intention for this bike? a spare parts bike, a track bike, garage decoration?

You never know what kind of abuse it has been through or any intermittent issues it may have. Sounds to me like he might have been stunting it. Not the best bike for that kind of stuff. Wheelies can give them heart attacks (i.e. serious damage). You may end up with more repairs than you thought. Does it burn oil?

· Registered
427 Posts
So any opinions on what number is worth taking a "risk" on one? At a $1,000 ...couldn't you start to part it out and recoup your $ if it had a bunch of unforseen problems?

Sounds like it could definitely be a good candidate for a learner bike with some mechanical work.

But I wouldn't think 1000$ would be easy to recoup if things don't work out very well; since the engine condition is unknown, the forks are shot, fairings are a write-off and you need to spend on some front brakes. I don't really see any significant value here. A low-ball offer is all I would toss around, if any.

As others have said, 1500$ should get you a decent SV.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.