Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently hit the 15,000 mile marker on the Sv650 and I was wondering what upkeep tasks should be done to maintain the bike. I am currently not in possession of a service or owners manual. I was also left in the dark about previous maintenance of the bike by the P.O. I have replaced the chain and sprocket, changed the oil and oil filter. I am getting stainless steel brake lines and going to be bleeding the brake lines/ changing the brake fluid when I get them.

in other words. what do I need to do to keep my bike running smooth and hassle free.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I just had my valves checked (at 20K, my bad...) and they suggested replacing the spark plugs because they were looking pretty old and they already had the bike apart. He also commented that I should change the air filter soon, he blew it out with air for the time being.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just had my valves checked (at 20K, my bad...) and they suggested replacing the spark plugs because they were looking pretty old and they already had the bike apart. He also commented that I should change the air filter soon, he blew it out with air for the time being.
Do you mind me asking how much did it cost you to check the valves?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts