Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya all, I'm new to the board and to the SV. I understand that the 05 SVs model runs a 15/44 sprocket ratio. I was wondering if anyone has put a 14 tooth front combined with the stock 44 rear? I have seen some post on the 15/45 combo, but no info on the 14/44. Thanks!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Lots of people run 14 tooth fronts and people on here run anything from 44 to as high as 49 on the rear. A 14 will make your gears shorter and make it seem punchier, however, you may lose some top end. I however gained about 6mph top end when I went to a 14 because mine is a naked. It's more restricted by wind. Hope this is what you were looking for.

Kevin

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate the info! I was hopeing someone would have the 14/44 gear ratio on an SVs and give me some top speed and general performance info.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
cyclerider105 said:
I appreciate the info! I was hopeing someone would have the 14/44 gear ratio on an SVs and give me some top speed and general performance info.
Top speed, eh, about the same, 130 something. 0-60 might be quicker if you can keep the front down.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
I'm using 14/44 and I like it. :-*

T

·
0 Posts
evilbologna said:
Top speed, eh, about the same, 130 something. 0-60 might be quicker if you can keep the front down.
you can go up to about 14/47 without loosing top end speed and all you will gain is low end acceleration.0-60 is slightly quicker (but noticable). all the 47 on the rear means is that you'll hit the same top speed higher in the revs, but as long as you dont wanna go 140 all the time ans your happy to just cruise at like 100-110 your fine with that.

trick

p.s. me and rwheelz had a big discussion about this in another post, might be good if you read it

·
Registered
326 Posts
Do you people never have to go on the freeway?

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Mr. Black said:
Do you people never have to go on the freeway?
14/44 isnt bad on the freeway, 14/47, eh possibly. Mine sits at 5k at 60mph, which is suitable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts