Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.motorcycledaily.com/22april09_1100cc2stroke.htm

"What the world needed was an answer to the current literbikes, which we find anemic," Rothwell told me over the phone. "If a bike can't hoist the wheel in 4th gear off the throttle it's not a superbike." The 1100cc three-cylinder TSS1100GP should have no such problems; when completed, it should make 250 hp at the rear wheel and 160 ft.-lbs. of torque. A powervalve will keep things rideable, with a characteristic hit of power as the revs climb. The chassis will be a lightly-modded Kawasaki ZX-10R ("it's beefy enough") and Rothwell expects the wet weight to be under 340 pounds: "when you dismantle a literbike and see how heavy that four-stroke motor is, it's just sad, really." The next project? The 112-hp TSS500 engine installed in a Yamaha WR450 supermoto chassis. "There's nothing 'super' about a four-stroke supermoto," sniffed Rothwell
I'm gobsmacked.

·
Banned
2,973 Posts
That's so totally radical! Who can ride that thing? I mean "ride it" ride it, not just "ride it."

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's so totally radical! Who can ride that thing? I mean "ride it" ride it, not just "ride it."
well, if you've heard Rossi's quote about the 500cc GP bikes on Faster:
"Your first time on a 500 is like [email protected]!"

I'd guess no one with any sence.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i have a buddy that has a wr450 but i forget wat engine he put in. his bike is 175 lbs and is putting 110 hp to the rear wheel. he has raced busas and whipped them in the quarter mile. theres a video on youtube of him somehwere its titled wr beats busa i think. but this thing should be such a beast as well. oh and i was at the rod runs in pigeon forge last week and met a guy with a chopper style bike that had a V8 in it. he said it was dynoed at 525 hp to the rear wheel no lie.

·
Registered
190 Posts
brought to you from the same country that gave you: fosters! and sticking your finger up a crocodile's arse just for the hell of it...once again proving that they're batsh!t crazy, but still totally awesome

1 - 15 of 15 Posts