1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
We are having a rare late March snow across the northern part of Oklahoma. Stay to the south as much as possible.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Either the tracking isn't working or he hasn't left yet....hhmm
I did get a late start but the tgracking isn't working. some conflict with something else I installed.
did any pics pop up on the map?

anyway, left nyc around 4pm. 320 miles later at a motel 8 about to leave PA.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Not sure about pics.. the only one I see on the tracker map is the one at the starting point of a red sv partially covered by a green tarp.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
im stubborn so I ignored the weather radar. actually, I was convinced it would mostly pass while I slept last night. this assumption was not at all based on reality. some snow but mostly drizzle/ rain all day until illinios aroun 5pm.
this isn't going to be a ride report with pics and stuff. im just trying to get to abq asap and only stopping for gas.

btw, terrible head wind all day made for some lousy gas mileage.

·
Registered
828 Posts
what!?!? no ride report?? fuggin bs, i'm unsubscribing now :p
its cool. i'd like to know more about that tracker program though.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey, got in before lunch today. I shoukd have arrived last night but on the tx /ok border around 6pm the wind finally got to be too much (crosswind gusts around 50) so I stopped defeated for the night. I managed for a couple hours but it was supposed to keep up all night and I didn't want to deal with in the dark. First time riding has ever left my chest muscles sore and hands blistered. :)

Today my bike and car met for the first time; they are gettibg along swimmingly. I can at least go post a pic in that thread now.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Oklahoma's state song says "where the winds come sweaping down the planes". Now you truely know what that means. Those of us who live here are pretty much used to it. You learn to lean into it, but you really have to watch the bridges because it will be blowing from the other direction. Makes for some pucker moments sometimes. :D

Glad you made it safe.

·
Registered
160 Posts
hey if you see a city bus in albuquerque take a picture. i prolly painted it. ha;D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts