Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was 10 years ago today that I bought my first SV. :)

Hard to believe that it's that many years ago.
Lots of great memories. A 3 week, 7000 mile trip in '99. Converting it to a race bike later that year and getting my first win. The crazy racing year in '01, 2 different sprint series, plus endurance, plus Daytona. **** near dying on one in '02. (ok, so that's not such a great memory.) Racing on other people's SV teams in '04 and '05. Getting another street SV in '06. Race prepping it this year.

I've owned 30+ bikes over the years, but a good chunk of the best times of my life have been associated with the SV. Can't imagine not owning one. ;D

·
Registered
328 Posts
Well put Rich! My SV still brings as big a smile to my face as it did when I got it 5 years ago. And the springs I bought from you make it that much better! ;)

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
**** you're old. ;D

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
For a slow girls bike, it sure is nice when you're hanging at the front of the pack and winning races. I ride the lowest power bike in the group I ride with, but that just makes it even more satisfying when they're having a hard time keeping up. It's especially enjoyable with a good suspension, thanks for the springs Rich, ride safe.

·
Registered
804 Posts
A'men!

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
It was 10 years ago today that I bought my first SV. :)
7 Months to go til I catch up with that. But I got the 2000 model with the dark wheels already. :)
Lots of great memories.
Hell yeah! Trips all over Europe, sliding down a snow-packed pass in the Alps (along with visor iced from the inside) just fo find spring in Italy, going offroad accidentally (the map said it WAS a street - really!) for 40 km in Andorra to avoid 150 km of easy road, my first trackdays (along with my only real spill on the Sachsenring), initiating and organizing the annual German SV meeting (300+ people in the later years), caring too little for washing and too much for functional upgrades, itching for the start of the riding season every year...
I still don´t know what to buy if it ever breaks down.

Having two of them by now hopefully stretches that need a fair bit. My original machine is gonna be my track bike but ready to jump in if the other (heaven forbid!) gets in trouble. The funny thing is: The second machine I bought is ´99 even a bit older than mine which was in parts for frame powdercoating and whatnot optical upgrades. It had 18.000 km on it while my machine was at 80.000.

Ciao
Jan, getting sentimental for a moment...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts