Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 or 2 piece leathers, what do you have?

• I rock the one piece cuz I have the smoking hot bod for it.

Votes: 61 31.0%
  • 2 piece, because it's easier to poop.

Votes: 88 44.7%
  • I don't wear leathers.

Votes: 48 24.4%
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
45% Member
7,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm seriously thinking about full leathers from, but I don't know whether to get a one piece or a two piece. This will be mostly for playing in the twisties, and possibly the occasional track day in the future.

I'm already set for regular riding and commuting. I just want something a little more substansial for playing.

What do you all wear?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have a 2 piece fieldsheer set of leathers.. Got a 2 piece because sometimes i want to wear just the jacket and not the pants.

http://www.fieldsheer.com/site2009/ff/productspage/radar2suit.htm

Thats the one i have.. but in black. So far i have no complaints about them, have held up well and seem to be made very well. Haven't gotten to try them out in a crash lol but i hope i never do.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
For what? Track, twisties, commuting or????

Trackdays or racing a full 1pc is almost a neccesity...and required by some formats

Twisties, 2peice work well....however commuting i prefer something textile...gortex or the like

·
45% Member
7,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Edited above post with more info.

I'm planning on getting a custom fit suit from DrummerDave. Most rack sizes won't really work for me, I'm gargantuan.

·
45% Member
7,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's gonna hurt when I touch a knee down. And I don't wanna bleed on mah Donks yo.

·
45% Member
7,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You mean the guy in Zachs avatar? :p

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
For track days and twisties you'd benefit more from a 1 piece.

Two piece.

Can you imagine trying to take a dump in a public toilet with a one piece suit? No thanks.
It's fun in a port-o-potty for sure, especially keeping that right arm from hitting the floor where there's a puddle of pee. Thanks, guys.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Two piece.
Can you imagine trying to take a dump in a public toilet with a one piece suit? No thanks.
Yes, and it's uncomfortable and difficult.

·
Iron Butt Moderator
9,271 Posts
I have a one piece Kobe for the track. I wear a one piece Olympia Phantom for the street. I have a back up set of 2 piece mesh when it gets hot.

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
I have a one piece, bought for trackdays about 3 weeks before I got transferred overseas in 1999. It still hasn't been worn on a bike yet. Surprisingly it still fits (sort of). I vote one piece and a nice grumpy before the ride.

·
Registered
88 Posts
1 piece----good for the track. 2 piece-----street and occasional track.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Two piece.

(edit)

Typed in my response before reading the options...
been there done that. pooping procedure involved finding a washroom with a baby change station. Removing race boots, removing suit, taking poop, replacing suit, replacing boots. The people at ihop gave me funny looks.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have two peice, ha, well more of just One peice cause i cant afford pants yet. haha! Being a broke college student sucks. I need pants cause its stinking cold/rainy/hurts like a ***** going down in carharts you tear right threw em!

1 - 20 of 84 Posts