Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went for a ride today out to Jonas ridge to go exploring, nice high speed kinda road. After going hiting hwys 90, 181, 183, 221, I was on my return trip home coming back down 181. About three miles from the moutain top gas station on a easy right hander, I lost the rear end of my bike. I watched as my baby slid across the road, then the gravel then the grass then finally into an embankment, coming to rest on the left side. Luckily a guy in a mini cooper stopped to make sure I was O.K. and shortly after a cop and a medic arrived, my injuries are minimal. My right glove wore through so I got a gash on my hand my jacket saved my upper body, my boots saved my ankles but my right leg of my pants is shredded, leaving me with a dollar sized road rash on my right calf...

On to the bike: Plastic destroyed, right clip on snapped at the base (lever didn't break), rear brake lever shaved down, head light and guage cluster off the bike but still working, crank case has some rash, right mirror gone and my exhaust had some minor rash but its not terrible. The big stuff like my frame, subframe, wheels, front end, engine are all fine save some scratches, after i stood the bike up it fired and sounded fine.

Could've been WAY worse i know, i'm lucky still. Where I crashed is the same place a local guy named Heejun Kim died last year. Myself and my bike actually ended up about 10ft to the right of the memorial plaque marking where he died.

Now I have a project, get my bike back to running condition. Who wants to see my GSXR-N :)

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Hell yea! Nakify that beast.

PS - Glad to hear you came out ok. What gear were you wearing?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Boots ( some BDU boots), Gloves : Cortech HDK's, Helmet: Scorpion EXO-700,Jacket: Powertrip textile, and some Black Medic pants.

I'm thinking for the first little while I may just do the GSX-RN, at least till I can afford plastics. Pics will be up in a minute.

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
Was there anything on the road- oil, dirt, gravel, tar snakes, bark (ala dubtecv2), or anything else that might have caused the slide? Is it off camber?

Was it an over abundance of gixxer speed? Inquiring minds want to know.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Was there anything on the road- oil, dirt, gravel, tar snakes, bark (ala dubtecv2), or anything else that might have caused the slide? Is it off camber?

Was it an over abundance of gixxer speed? Inquiring minds want to know.

Really, I don't know what happened. All I know is that I was in the turn, not very aggessive and not high speed, and I felt kinda weightless then I was sliding behind my bike, I thought I clipped my peg on the ground. The cop that stopped said that, that particular turn while not being that aggressive causes alot of wrecks.

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
Really, I don't know what happened. All I know is that I was in the turn, not very aggessive and not high speed, and I felt kinda weightless then I was sliding behind my bike, I thought I clipped my peg on the ground. The cop that stopped said that, that particular turn while not being that aggressive causes alot of wrecks.
Could you have had a flat? That will cause the rear to go out real quick. If you were in California, it could be variable gravity concentration (it does exist.... ;D ) Maybe it's in NC, too!! :eek:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Sorry to hear that about your bike but at least you are good and knock on the wood for that! As much as I hate flat Florida roads... sometimes when I read stories here about lowsiding or crashing in curves.. I'm glad we don't mountains and all the curvy roads

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Could you have had a flat? That will cause the rear to go out real quick. If you were in California, it could be variable gravity concentration (it does exist.... ;D ) Maybe it's in NC, too!! :eek:
No, my tires were fine when I got my bike up on the trailer. I just bought the tire last month it probably had less than 1500 miles on it.

Gravitiy is out to get me...

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
That sucks. I have a couple of sets of stock GSXR clip ons if you need a set. Let me know.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just need a right clip on. I'll trade you a set of SV clip ons for a set of GSXR clip ons :)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Glad to hear you came out of it with few injuries. Dude, you know there are much easier ways to get nekked. And let me be the first to say......

That'll buff right out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.