Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First pics that I think I have posted of my bike on here.

No full bike shots turned out and first impressions are a ***** so Ill re do them later on and post some up.

Basic Trail Tech Vapor with the Acerbis Cyclopes headlight. Woodcraft 41mm clipons.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
well we cant even see the headlight.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ahhh.

my fault. lol took it for granted almost everyones the lights, I was more showing the placement and configuration.

bare with me, im still new at this lol.

I will deffiently post more pics up tomorrow, my appologizes.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Heres some more pics, theyll all with my phone thought.

For some reason I dont really like any of these pics.. I love it in person though. But not from the kickstand side lol.

Anways.

Ill be adjusting the valves tomorrow and Ill have a real camera on hand. Ill try and take my time to actually get some decent shots.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you mean the gaps inbetween the two rear tail pieces and the top center piece?

The plastic tabs were broken when I bought it. Havent found a good way to fix it yet.

The undertail was bought off someone on here. The fitment wasnt all the great, but that may be my fault somewhere.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I'm just talking about underneath the taillight.

I'm looking at undertails for my 1st gen and it doesn't seem like there are many options so I was wondering what yours is.

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
You need to fix that center piece on the tail, looks like you didnt install it in the right order. all 3 pieces (left, center, right) are attached before mounting on the subframe.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the two rear tabs on both the left and right side are broken, haven't found any other was to hold it down yet or to repair the broken tabs.

I should just suck it up and get some replacement

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
You tuck the curves that I highlighted so that they mount flush.... I tried to show it in this pic. The center piece shouldnt stick up like that.

You mount the 3 tail pieces at one time on the subframe, it looks to me like you did them seperately.

I'd remove them and try again before I went out and bought anything.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I completely understand what your saying man, and it did go on as a full 3 piece set, I hate dealing with those rubber gromets.

The center piece has 4 mounting locations correct? 2 up front with 12mm head bolts that go through the gromets then two more towards the rear that fasten to each side piece, its those two in the rear that are broken.

I can push it down and have it sit flush and look good but 5 minutes later its back up.

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
IMO the headlight needs to go down.

Look at the Cyclops one the white bike in the banner - see how much lower it is? Looks much better.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Do you think so? Ive thought about it alot.. I LOVE the look of the bike your reffering to, but i can never decide to lower it or keep it so that theres a small lip over the vapor..

I might have to play around with it some.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've hit a few speedbumps going alittle to fast lol.. but no, under normal riding it doesn't rub at all

1 - 20 of 34 Posts