Step 2
Modify

Step 3
Modify More!

Never done!

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Step 4: if you realize you've just made a naked bike, rethink step 1 and probably just get a naked model to start with. ;)

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
nice very nice!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cherry condition $4000, 856 miles!

Then I would have nothing to do but ride, if it was already Done!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Will put up my Stock front end complete, later this week. Already modified with Race tech springs and emulators.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I dont think Ive ever seen naked style handle bars combined with gsxr forks.
Read about doing it on this site, the one thing I did was to epoxy 3/8" aluminum plate on the under side of the upper triple. I then skimmed the material I added parallel to the top surface before I drilled the holes the two 9.9mm dia. holes 86 mm apart.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
I'm digging the riding position allot. The wide bars give me the leverage I like riding fast on bumpy back roads.

Never saw the cartoon!
I hear people say that about wider bars. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean, it sounds like you're making it easy to give the steering too much input - you should not be "manhandling" the bike.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I hear people say that about wider bars. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean, it sounds like you're making it easy to give the steering too much input - you should not be "manhandling" the bike.
Think of wider bars as a "Steering Damper". When at speed on less than smooth roads, the one thing I do not loose focus on is having a "death grip" on the bars, the opposite of "manhandling" the bike.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Very nice! I like it a lot!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts